Hair growth depends on an enough diet. A general diet problem which causes loss of hair is iron deficiency Anemia. The reason is too little iron in blood, brought on by a diet containing too eggs, little meat, cereals or peas and beans. Fresh fruits and vegetables are also required to give vitamin C, which enables the body to absorb iron.
Archive for September, 2011
Women who wear makeup should do a routine of cleansing, toning and moisturizing turn back the clock every evening, plus washing the face in the morning. 5 Minute Makeover Cleansing will take away old make-up and the grime and grease that have been accumulated throughout the day.
* Take away mascara Lashes Unlimited with a cotton bud dipped in eye-dipped in eye-cleansing lotion.
*To make the work easier keep your hair off your face.
* Take out the eye shadow – Artistic Pallets – by softly wiping it off with a pad of clean cotton wool moistened with eye-cleansing lotion.
* Pour a little face cleansing cream into the palm of one hand and wipe it generously over the nose, forehead, chin, and cheeks — by two fingers of the other hand.
* Massage the cream into the skin, first under the throat, using a gentle upward motion.
* Go on massaging the cream up to the forehead, using the fingertips.
* Softly massage the cream from the eyes to the nose.
* Massage cream back over the chin, which is mainly prone to blackheads. Use the index finger.
* Then, remove the cream from the face with tissue pads in each hand. Start on under the chin and work over the cheeks and on to the forehead.
Lime and honey are the best natural bleaches.
The following homemade bleaches can be used once in a week.
1. 1 tablespoon of Honey
1 ½ tablespoon of cream
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Mix the above ingredients well and apply on your face. Let it dry and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
2. Pinch of turmeric
Few drops of lime juice
Few drops of rosewater
Mix the above ingredients well and apply on your face. Let it dry and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
3. 2 tablespoon of milk
1 tablespoon of lemon
Combine the above ingredients well; the output will be in the form of paste, rub the paste on face gently. Let it dry and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
4. 2 tablespoon of Sandalwood powder
2 tablespoon Lemon juice
2 tablespoon Cucumber juice
1 tablespoon Tomato juice
Mix the above ingredients well and apply on your face. Let it dry and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
Make Your Own Herbal Hair Oil
(For dandruff & strong hair)
Take a bunch of mehendi leaves along with amla pieces (either fresh or dried ones which have been soaked overnight).
Grind these coarsely together.
Now take about 150 ml of coconut oil in a cooking vessel (kadai) and add the paste to it.
Simmer on low flame till all moisture evaporates.
Cool and strain use regularly.
Keeps dandruff away and also makes hair roots strong.
Your eyebrows add strength and definition to your face. Well groomed eyebrows enhance your beauty.
You should pluck eyebrows before bedtime so any redness will disappear overnight. In shaping your eyebrows use your facial features.
Use a pair of slant edge tweezers which grip hairs easily. Comb hairs one way and then the other to remove loose hairs.
You should pluck hairs between the brows and any stragglers. Never remove the hairs from above your eyebrows.
Pluck each hair individually close to the root. Work in the direction of the growth.
Always avoid over plucking. In defining your eyebrows choose a shade similar to your natural hair colour.
When using a pencil you should apply in small, feathered strokes. Starting at the inner corner work outwards.
Blend the colour with a brush. To tame stray hairs just use hair gel and comb through to neaten.
1. A sore, wart, or rash in the genital area of you or your partner
This may seem like an obvious warning sign, but unfortunately it is often ignored. Skin rashes and lesions often come on at the onset of a sexually transmitted disease, but the lesions may disappear within a few days. However, the infection itself is left untrested. The person assumes it was an allergic reaction or normal skin irritation and does not investigate the real possibility of having an STD. If you notice a rash or lesion you or your partner it is essential to have an STD workup done.
2. Painful or frequent urination
Painful or frequent urination is one of the most common symptoms of STDs particularly gonnorhea. Women often mistake this symptom as a sign of having a urinary tract infection. They may try home remedies such as drinking cranberry juice or taking mild pain relievers such aas Tylenol. Unfortunately, as with genital sores, these symptoms may appear at the onset of the disease and then disappear. This leaves the person still infected and untreated. Any time you experience urgency, burning, or pain on urination a visit to the doctor is warranted.
3. Abnormal period
An abnormal period is another sign of an STD. If you notice increased flow or pain at menses, this may indicate an STD. If your period has always been regular and you experience bleeding at an unsual time this is also something that my need to be investigated. Heavy and prolonged bleeding should not be ignored.
4. Abnormal discharge
With an STD, women may notice increased vaginal discharge. There may be other causes such as a yeast infection or vaginitis. If you’ve never had a yeast infection before, now is not the time to start self diagnosing. Get in and get it looked at.
5. Pelvic pain
Other symptoms of STDs are easier to ignore than this one. Pelvic pain can range from mild to severe. If you are experiencing pelvic pain, especially in combination with other symptoms, contact your health care provider.
6. Foul odor
Funky or unusual odor may be cause for concern. Using feminine hygiene products may cover up the odor, but they will not treat an underlying infection. Although this may be embarassing to discuss with your health care provider, it is important to get a proper diagnosis.
7. No symptoms
Women quite frequently have no noticeable symptoms at all. Eighty percent of women with gonorrhea have no symptoms until the disease is advanced. All women should have annual pap smears. If you are sexually active, discuss with your health care provider including an STD work up with your annual exam.
Treatment can involve surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy. Brain tumors are best treated by a team involving a neurosurgeon, radiation oncologist, oncologist, or neuro-oncologist, and other health care providers, such as neurologists and social workers.
Early treatment often improves the chance of a good outcome. Treatment, however, depends on the size and type of tumor and the general health of the patient. The goals of treatment may be to cure the tumor, relieve symptoms, and improve brain function or the person’s comfort.
Surgery is often necessary for most primary brain tumors. Some tumors may be completely removed. Those that are deep inside the brain or that enter brain tissue may be debulked instead of entirely removed. Debulking is a procedure to reduce the tumor’s size.
Tumors can be difficult to remove completely by surgery alone, because the tumor invades surrounding brain tissue much like roots from a plant spread through soil. When the tumor cannot be removed, surgery may still help reduce pressure and relieve symptoms.
Following are some home remedies to cure jaundice
1. Boil 250ml water and add 15gm of dry snake gourd leaves to it. After boiling, filter it and store the water in a bottle. Now add few coriander seeds in 500 ml of water and boil it for 15-20 minutes. Consume the filtered water with the decoction of coriander seeds three times daily.
2· Take green leaves of radish and extract their juice. Consume daily to get relief from jaundice.
3· Extract the juice of the green leaves of pigeon pea and take approx 60ml daily. It is a proven home remedy for jaundice. A significant improvement is guaranteed after regular use.
4· Take a banana and mash it properly. Add 1 tablespoon of honey to it. Eat it twice. It is very well known and simple home remedy for jaundice.
5· Take 2 dates (dried), 8 almonds and 5 cardamoms. Soak these overnight. Remove the outer covering of almonds and seeds of date. Mix all the soaked ingredients to make a fine paste. Add a tablespoon of butter and sugar to this paste and lick it. It is an effective home remedy for jaundice.
6· Limejuice is very beneficial for jaundice patients. Drink it 2-3 times daily.
7· Boil 3 lt of water with a cup of barley added to it. Drink this water 5-6 times daily. It is very good home remedy for jaundice.
8· Another very effective home remedy for jaundice is sugarcane juice. You can add some lemon to it for taste. Drink 1-2 glasses daily.
9· Beetroot juice is very good for treating jaundice in a short span. Take half cup juice and add half lemon to it. Consume it at least once daily.
10· Add a pinch of black pepper to a cup of buttermilk. Consume it daily. Regular use of this drink is very helpful in treating jaundice.
11· Mix one teaspoon of fresh lime juice to ½ teaspoon of ginger juice. It is very well known home remedy for jaundice.
12· Take few papaya leaves and make a fine paste of them. Take 1 tablespoon honey and ½ tablespoon papaya leaves paste together.
13· Tomatoes are very beneficial in jaundice treatment. Eat 1-2 tomatoes or a glass of tomato juice daily on an empty stomach. Add some salt for taste.
14· Take 4gm of Indian gooseberry with a glass of water three times daily. Regular use of this is very useful home remedy for jaundice treatment.
In order for true healing of allergies to occur, it is necessary to address their cause rather than just treat the outward manifestations or symptoms. ” This involves identifying the substances a person is allergic to and eliminating them from the diet and environment. At the same time, the body needs to be purged of toxins and the immune system needs to be stimulated. Since no two people are exactly alike, therapeutic approaches will vary, and usually a combination of therapies is the best course of action.”
Among the therapies which have proven most effective in treating allergies are diet and nutrition, herbal medicine, acupuncture, Ayurvedic medicine and homeopathy.
Constipation is one of the most common digestive complaints in the United States. The normal frequency of bowel movements varies widely from person to person, from once or more a day to three times a week. In general, however, you are likely constipated if you pass a hard, dry stool less than three times a week.
Although constipation can affect anyone, it’s more common in women and in people over age 65. It also tends to occur during pregnancy, after childbirth or surgery, with certain medications such as opioid pain relievers, and with some conditions such as multiple sclerosis.
A diet low in fiber may play a role in constipation. Insoluble fiber, which passes through the body almost unchanged, gives stools bulk and a soft texture, making them easier to pass.
Foods that are high in insoluble fiber include whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. Try wheat bran, brown rice, or whole grain bread.
Soluble fiber dissolves in water and forms a gel-like substance in the intestines. Prunes and figs can be added to breakfast or eaten as a snack.
Making sure you drink enough fluids such as water may help some people with constipation. Fluids make bowel movements softer and easier to pass.
Watch your consumption of alcoholic beverages and caffeinated beverages such as coffee and cola drinks, which can be dehydrating.
Biofeedback therapy may help people with constipation resulting from pelvic floor dysfunction, a condition in which the pelvic floor muscles do not function properly. It occur as a result of conditions such as obesity, an enlarged prostate, or after childbirth.
Biofeedback therapists teach how to better coordinate muscles used to defecate. Approximately 70% of people have improved symptoms after biofeedback training.
Although biofeedback has only been explored as a treatment for this type of constipation relatively recently, results are promising.
Acupressure is a traditional healing practice that involves the application of finger pressure to specific acupuncture points on the body.
A point that is often recommended by acupuncturists for constipation is Large Intestine 4. Although it hasn’t been studied for constipation, it is a simple home remedy that may work for some people. The point is at the highest spot of the muscle between the thumb and index finger when they are brought close together. Caution: do not use this point if you are pregnant.
Probiotics, such as lactobacillus acidophilus, are live microbial organisms that are naturally present in the digestive tract. Some of the ways they are thought to promote health include suppressing the growth of potentially harmful bacteria, improving immune function, enhancing the protective barrier of the digestive tract, and helping to produce vitamin K.
There is some preliminary evidence that probiotic supplements may improve constipation. For example, one study looked at the effect of a probiotic beverage containing a strain of beneficial bacteria called Lactobacillus casei Shirota (65 milliliters a day) or a placebo in people with chronic constipation. The probiotic drink resulted in significant improvement in severity of constipation and stool consistency.
Drowsiness, fatigue and difficulty focusing are some signs that your body goes through when experiencing fatigue spring. Here’s the fastest and most effective solutions and helps give you energy!
1. Outdoor sports do wonders
If you have time, start your morning with a walk or jogging in the park. If the service does not allow you to do this, try to do this evening. Are welcome any activity. Choose swimming, dance, fitness exercises, everything!
2. Goodbye fat, welcome fruit and vegetables!
When winter gives us fewer opportunities on vegetables and fresh food, now there’s nothing to complain. Choose fresh fruits and seasonal vegetables and herbs as a variety of all kinds (parsley, dill, spinach, lettuce, onions, rocket, nettle, Steve, Ramsons). Mix them in salads, put them in blender, cook them! The more diverse and colorful, the better for your health!
3. Choose foods rich in magnesium and iron
The best sources of magnesium are found in: beet, spinach, cooked, boiled chickpeas, dried apricots, white and red beans cooked, boiled corn, broccoli, dandelion raw, baked potatoes, nuts, sunflower seeds, almonds, dried figs , dried dates, prunes, bananas. Iron absorption is stimulated by vitamin C. The best sources of iron: meat, meat, flour fortified with iron and its derivatives, eggs, cumin, oregano, bay leaves, dried parsley, cinnamon, black pepper, paprika, mushrooms , raw coffee beans, wheat germ.
4. Green tea refreshes
Improves energy levels and keeps you in shape during the day.
The feeling of nausea, which might result in vomiting, experienced during the period of pregnancy is called morning sickness. Almost 50 to 80 percent of the pregnant women face this problem during the first trimester of pregnancy. However, in some women, it can last till the third trimester as well. Though it can occur at any time of the day, morning sickness is usually more prevalent in the morning hours. Some of the main causes of morning sickness are chemical changes in the body, hormonal changes or hormonal imbalance, sensitive gastrointestinal tract, vitamin B deficiency and strong odors.
1. The best way to deal with morning sickness would be to have a cup of ginger tea, early in the morning.
2. Mix a tablespoon each of apple cider vinegar and honey, in a glass of cool water. It is an effective way to cure morning sickness.
3. It is advisable to have 6 small meals in a day, instead of 3 large ones. This might reduce the effect of morning sickness.
4. Mix a teaspoon of limejuice, mint juice and sugar. Have this decoction three times a day. It is a good way to deal with morning sickness.
5. Avoid having fried items as well as fatty and spicy foods.
6. Take some wheat germ and dissolve it in warm milk. Have it every hour. This will prove to be effective in curing morning sickness.
7. Consume a high protein snack before going to bed. This is a good way to resolve morning sickness.
8. Extract the juice of 20 to 25 curry leaves. Thereafter, add 2 tsp of fresh limejuice and 1 tsp of honey to it. Intake this mixture 3-4 times in a day.
9. Mix 1/2 tsp ginger juice, 1 tsp fresh limejuice, 1 tsp mint juice and 1 tsp honey. Have this mixture 3-4 times a day.
10. Put 3 drops of lavender oil and 1 drop of peppermint in a humidifier. This would emit a good fragrance in the room, which would be effective in treating morning sickness.
11. Vitamin B deficiency can also cause morning sickness. In such a case, it is advisable to include salads, wheat, vegetables, bananas, sea food and chicken in your diet.
12. Have food items that are rich in calcium, protein and complex carbohydrates.
13. Having a glass of lemon juice, first thing in the morning, is also beneficial in treating morning sickness.
14. Drink lots of fluids. Consuming large quantities of water and fresh juice will keep the body temperature under control and reduce the chances of nausea or vomiting.
Pain and swelling along with bruising are the most common signs to look out for. Home remedies offer natural alternatives to return your foot to a functioning, pain-free level. Reducing your pain, inflammation and bleeding play important roles in treating foot bone fractures. Check with your doctor first to be sure the treatment is appropriate for your individual situation and state of health.
Rest and Immobilization
Resting your injured foot needs to be your No. 1 priority, according to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. According to the Academy, rest is the primary treatment for foot fractures. Give your foot a break from whatever activity caused the fracture for at least three to four weeks. Avoid any activity that causes foot pain. Resting involves immobilizing your injured foot and not placing any weight on the area. Decreasing your foot’s loading forces plays an essential role in treating your foot fracture, according to the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society.
You should apply ice as soon as you suspect fractured foot bones, according to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Applying either an ice pack or crushed ice to the affected area helps reduce swelling. Crushed ice conforms to areas easier than ice packs. Avoid putting ice directly on your skin. Wrapping the ice in a towel prior to applying it to your foot will help prevent ice burn.
Did you come down with a fever or the chills? If you answered yes, then you might have chronic bronchitis, also just called bronchitis. This is a problem that actually affects the inner walls of the airway of your lungs. In fact, when you start having bronchitis symptoms you more than likely have an infection of that area, or it has become inflamed. Bronchitis is something that you get a lot of times right after you get done having a cold. For the most part, chronic bronchitis just fades away after a few days without any other effects on your body. In some cases, the cough might last for a week or more.
The most common bronchitis symptoms that you are going to have is a cough hat brings up mucus. With chronic bronchitis, you may notice that the mucus comes up a yellowish gray color, or sometimes green. It will also appear that you are coughing up several tablespoons of mucus every day. Do keep in mind that the mucus with bronchitis does not accumulate so it is not common to lose your voice. Normally, the mucus gets cleared out whenever you swallow saliva. The only time that you have to worry about chronic bronchitis is when there is some kind of secondary infection in your body at the same time.
The problem with bronchitis, is that antibiotics do not normally treat it. That is because this is a type of viral infection, thus, you are left with just a few options on how to deal with this. The good news about bronchitis is that it is not that hard to get rid of. Usually, the best treatment for it is to get a lot of rest. The doctor will also tell you to drink a lot of liquids, even more so than what you normally drink. It also does not hurt to use a cough medication.
Bronchitis is one of those things that home remedies are prefect for. Just remember that not all the home remedies work for everyone, thus, you do have to be willing to try a few different things. A lot of the home remedies for bronchitis involve just drinking orange juice and water. The orange juice is good for you because of all the vitamin C, which is good for your body to fight off things. The water is good at keeping your body hydrated. You will notice that a lot of bronchitis home remedies normally consist of an all fruit diet. Of course, you have to make sure you get everything you need in your diet, it helps if you eat more fruit than anything else.
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that prevents the body from utilizing glucose completely or partially. There are basically two types of diabetes
1. Type 1 diabetes mellitus (insulin-dependent diabetes)
2. Type 2 diabetes mellitus (non-insulin-dependent diabetes)
Some Natural Remedies
1. Boil 15 fresh Mango leaves in 1 glass of water. Leave overnight. Filter this water and drink first thing in the morning. It is an effective home remedy for diabetes
2. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of ground bay leaf and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric in 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel. Take this mixture two times a day before lunch and dinner. It is also good diabetes mellitus treatments.
3. Drink a watery juice of a small Bitter Gourd (remove seeds) every morning. It is one of the best home remedies for diabetes.
4. Add 3-table spoon of cinnamon to 1 litre of boiling water. Simmer for 20 minutes in a low flame, and then strain the mixture. Drink this mixture daily to cure diabetes.
5. Eat tender curry leaves (fresh) twice a day to reduce sugar.
6. Take the juice of crushed fish-berry (amruth) soaked in water for a day first thing in the morning.
Lupus disease is not a new diagnosis and home remedies for lupus have been effectively used for many generations. By using natural cures, this painful condition can be controlled and people with lupus disease can enjoy a healthy, normal life. The following natural cures for lupus are most helpful in this regard:
1. Take a half teaspoonful of baking soda in water twice daily (to help restore pH)
2. Mix 1/8 teaspoon of borax in 1 liter of water weekly and consume regular doses from the liter daily
3. Use vitamin D supplements to stimulate the immune system (though sunlight is high in vitamin D, exposure to excessive amounts of sunlight may not be comfortable for those with lupus disease, so supplements are recommended)
Chelation therapy to remove heavy toxins from the body is especially recommended as an effective treatment for lupus disease.
1. Advanced diabetes
2. Anaphylaxis (a life-threatening allergic response)
3. Anti-anxiety agents
4. Changes in heart rhythm or arrhythmias
5. Nutritional deficiency
7. Emotional instability
8. Endocrine problems
9. Excessive intake of alcohol
10. Failure of the adrenal gland
11. Faulty nutrition, or malnutrition
12. Heart attack
13. Heart failure
1. The best and the most effective home remedy for treating low blood pressure would be to consume lots of water. This is because dehydration reduces blood volume and leads to a drop in the blood pressure.
2. Beetroot juice is beneficial for those suffering from low blood pressure. So, have a cup of raw beetroot juice two times a day.
3. Prepare a cup of strong black coffee and consume this whenever you feel that your blood pressure is dipping.
4. Put 15-20 gm of Indian Spikenard in 250 ml water and boil it. Now, remove from heat and let it cool down. Have this infusion thrice a day. You can also have 30-40 grains of Indian Spikenard, along with some camphor and cinnamon.
5. Fill your bathtub with lukewarm water and add one kg of Epsom salt to it. Immerse yourself in the bath for 20 minutes, before going to bed. Take caution not to expose the body to a cold area after this.
6. In a bowl of water, soak 7 almonds and keep them overnight. Peel them and prepare a paste. Add this paste to lukewarm milk and drink it.
7. Take a bowl of water and soak 30 raisins in it, overnight. Chew them one by one, on an empty stomach, in the morning and have water.
8. Holy basil works effectively in curing low blood pressure. Take about 15 holy basil leaves and crush them. Filter the mixture with the help of a muslin cloth. Have this filtered mixture, along with a tsp of honey, on an empty stomach.
One of the best home remedy for mumps is wetting a pinch of sodabicarb (NaHCO 3) along with few drops of water and this solution should be applied to the affected area i.e. face. Remove this within couple of minutes and apply this twice or thrice a day.
You can also apply a cloth soaked in mullein tea to the cheeks. This will help to combat with swelling or inflammation.
Asparagus’ seeds are one of the useful home remedies for mumps. These are to be taken with equal quantity of fenugreek seeds and should be grinded well to make a paste like form. This paste is to be applied on the cheeks i.e. affected area. This will help reducing the swelling.
Another good home remedy for mumps is margosa leaves. These leaves act as a good anti-inflammatory agent for mumps. For this, make powdered form of margosa leaves and mix it with turmeric to make a paste. This can be applied over the cheek and the area below the ears.
Make a paste from powdered form of margosa leaves and turmeric. Apply this externally over the affected parts. This will help you to treat mumps quickly. This is one of the popular home remedies for mumps.
Simple the paste made out of ginger (fresh) and little water. Apply it over the swollen area. This will help reducing the mumps’ swelling and will make your cheeks in shape. This is one of the well liked home remedies or mumps.
The leaves of banyan tree are considered to be very good for treating mumps. These leaves are to be smeared with ghee (butter oil) and heated on the flame. Apply them on the affected area and bandage on it. Keep them for couple of hours and then, take them off. This will help reducing the swelling. This is one of the well liked home remedies for mumps.
1. Eat foods rich in Protein, iron, minerals, iodine and vitamin A and B.
2. Lemon juice mixed with Gooseberry (amla) powder applied on the scalp for few days helps grey hair to turn black gradually.
3. Drinking butter milk with 2 teaspoons each of yeast and wheat germ will prevent and cure premature greying of hair.
4. Rub Indian gooseberry (amla) mixed in coconut oil (boil some dried amla pieces in coconut oil till it turns black) into the scalp regularly. It can show wonderful results.
5. Grate some fresh ginger. Mix with honey and place it in a jar. Eat 1 tea spoon everyday.
6. Applying Onion paste on the scalp for few days before taking bath helps grey hair to turn black gradually.
7. Massage your hairs with coconut oil and lemon juice everyday.
Eating Sesame (Til) seeds daily and applying its oil regularly helps grey hair to turn black.
8. Eating Fenugreek (methi) sprouts regularly and applying Fenugreek paste on the scalp an hour before taking bath once in a week helps to overcome grey hair problem.
9. Boil some dried ridge gourd (tori) in coconut oil till it turns black. Massage this oil in scalp and hair roots.
10. Durva (Dub, a grass used to worship Lord Ganesha) paste applied before taking bath regularly helps grey hair to turn black gradually.
11. Mix 1 tablespoon of table salt to a cup of strong black tea without milk. Massage this water on the scalp. Wash your hair after an hour.
12. Regular application of Henna (Mehandi) paste applied an hour before taking bath helps grey hair to turn black slowly.
13. Neem (Indian lilac) seeds grinded and applied on the scalp and boiled neem leaves used for washing hair helps grey hair to turn black slowly.
14. Drinking Carrot juice everyday helps to keep hair black and helps to overcome grey hair problem.