Malaria is caused when a female Anopheles mosquito bites a person. This mosquito carries malarial parasites, which then get inside the body of the person and multiplies and spread all over the body. This disease generally happens to those who stay in unhealthy surroundings and that too mainly to those who have weaker immune system. High fever, chills, headache and shivering are the common symptoms of malaria. There are some very effective home remedies for malaria.
Some common home remedies for malaria are :
1. In a glass of water, add a tsp of cinnamon powder, a tsp of honey and a dash of pepper powder. Boil this concoction and have it after it cools down a bit. This is beneficial in treating malaria.
2. In malaria fever is natural and hence applying cold packs on the forehead will be really helpful in bringing the fever down.
3. In 60ml of water, dissolve 3 gram of lime and the juice of 1 lemon. Start consuming this, once in a day, right from the time of the onset of fever.
4. Roast alum over a hot plate and then powder it. Take a tsp of it when you still have fever. It is a useful remedy for curing malaria.
5. Holy basil leaves can be either chewed as it is or had in the form of a decoction, as it is very effective in the treatment of malaria.