- Pain about 1-2 cm down from bony area at the outside of the elbow (lateral epicondyle)
- Weakness in the wrist with difficulty doing simple tasks such as opening a door handle or shaking hands with someone.
- Pain on the outside of the elbow when the hand is bent back (extended) at the wrist against resistance.
- Pain on the outside of the elbow when trying to straighten the fingers against resistance.
- Pain when pressing (palpating) just below the lateral epicondyle on the outside of the elbow..
Other injuries and conditions with similar symptoms :
- The symptoms for this injury are very similar to Entrapment of the radial nerve which we recommend you also have a look at.
- It is important to have the neck examined as well as elbow pain can be referred from problems in this region. See the neck pain page for further details.