Chocolate Sponge Cake Using Eggs
150 gms self raising flour or plain flourwith 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
170 gms butter
20 gms cocoa powder
170 gms powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 cup milk (approx.)
1. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder. Keep aside.
2. Take out the butter from the refrigerator 1 hour in advance.
3. Cream the butter and sugar very well.
4. When the mixture is light and creamy, add the eggs, one at a time, beating each time thoroughly. If the mixture curdles while adding the eggs, add a little flour before adding the next egg.
5. Finally, fold in the flour and add milk until the batter has a dropping consistency.
6. Add the vanilla essence and mix well.
7. Grease and dust two 175 mm. (7") diameter cake tins.
8. Pour half the mixture into each of the two prepared tins.
8. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes.
9. Keep aside to cool and use as required.
Powered By Web-Link