1 chocolate cake ( 7”)
1/2 cup sugar syrup
1 3/4 cups chocolate truffle
1 cup roughly chopped kit-kat chocolates
1 cake board
Finish The Cake
3 kit-kat fingers
1/2 cup chocolate truffle
1/2 cup melted chocolate
disposable piping bag fitted witha no.5 star nozzle
1. Slice the sponge cake horizontally into 2 equal parts.
2. Soak the bottom layer of the sponge cake with ½ the sugar syrup.
3. Spread ¾ cup of truffle on the soaked layer of the cake and sprinkle the chopped kit-kat chocolates.
4. Sandwich with the second layer of the sponge cake.
5. Soak the second layer of the cake with the remaining soaking syrup and spread the remaining chocolate truffle evenly on top and at the sides of the cake.
6. Transfer the cake onto a cake boards and refrigerate for 20 minutes to set.
Finish the cake
1. Fill the plastic disposable piping bag (fitted with a no. 5 star nozzle) with the chocolate truffle. Make a shell border at the base of the cake.
2. To do this, squeeze the piping bag and allow the cream to fan out generously– do not lift the bag.
3. Gradually relax your pressure as you lower the tip until it touches the surface. Stop pressure and pull the tip away, without lifting it off the surface, to draw the shell to a point. Start the end of your next shell so that the fanned end covers the tail of the preceding shell to form and even chai
4. Using the same piping bag make 6 swirls along the top of the cake. To do this: hold the piping bag in your hand and move your wrist anti-clockwise while applying gentle pressure to make a swirl.
5. Finish the circle and gently lift it in a single motion to form a peak. Repeat to make 5 more swirls. Keep aside.
6. Pour the melted chocolate into a butter paper-piping bag and fold the top end of the piping bag so as to seal it. Snip a bit off the tip so as to get a tiny hole for the piping to come out.
7. Place another butter paper on a flat surface. Make parallel lines on the butter paper, then cross these lines with another set of parallel lines to make a net. Make 5 more chocolate nets and allow them to set for 15 minutes.
8. Take fingers of kit kat chocolate and cut them at a slant with a knife to give the shape of small diamonds. Make 6 such kit-kat diamonds.
9. Place these kit-kat diamonds on top of the swirl.
10. Place one chocolate net on each swirl next to the kit-kat piece.
Powered By Web-Link