For The Chocolate Sponge
1/2 cup plain flour (maida)
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp soda bi-carbonate
1/2 cup condensed milk
3 tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
For The Frosting
6 oreo biscuits
6 tbsp butter (at room temperature)
12 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
For The Garnish
1 1/2 oreo biscuits, cut into quarters
For the chocolate sponge
1. Sieve the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda bi-carb together in a bowl and keep aside.
2. Combine the condensed milk, butter, vanilla essence and 1½ tbsp of water in another bowl and whisk well.
3. Add the prepared flour mixture and mix gently with help of a spatula to make a batter of dropping consistency.
4. Pour equal quantity of the batter into 6 greased and dusted 68 mm. (2½") diameter aluminum moulds.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 5 minutes and then at 180ºc (360ºf) for 15 to 20 minutes or till done. The sponge is done when it leaves the sides of the mould and is springy to touch.
6. Allow it to cool completely (approx. 30 minutes). Keep aside.
For the frosting
1. Open each oreo biscuit and scrape and discard the cream middle creamy layer. You will need only the biscuits for this recipe.
2. Place the biscuits on a butter paper or a rolling board and crush them coarsely using a rolling pin. Keep aside.
3. Put the butter in a deep bowl and beat it using a spatula.
4. Add the icing sugar and mix well.
5. Add the coarsely powdered biscuits and vanilla essence, mix well and keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Fill the frosting in a piping bag and pipe out swirls of your choice on each cupcake.
2. Garnish each cupcake with a piece of oreo biscuit and serve immediately.
Powered By Web-Link