White Forest Cake
For The Gateau
1 vanilla cake [175 mm (7”)]
1/2 cup sugar syrup
2 tbsp cherry liquor (optional)
2 cups whipped cream
3/4 cup deseeded and finely chopped cherries
1 cake board
Finish The Gateau
1/4 cup melted white chocolate
1/4 cup whipped cream
8 maraschino cherries
For the gateau
1. Slice the vanilla cake horizontally into 3 equal parts. Keep aside.
2. Combine the sugar syrup and cherry liquor in a bowl to make the soaking syrup and keep aside.
3. Soak the bottom layer of the vanilla cake with 1/3 of the soaking syrup.
4. Spread ½ cup of cream on the soaked layer of the cake.
5. Put ½ the cherries on top and sandwich with the second layer of the vanilla cake.
6. Repeat the steps 3-5 to make 1 more layer on top.
7. Soak the topmost layer of the vanilla cake with the remaining soaking syrup.
8. Spread the remaining cream evenly on top and at the sides.
9. Cut into 4 equal wedges, transfer the wedges onto a cake board and refrigerate for 20 minutes to set.
Finish the gateau
1. To make the white chocolate curls, spread ¼ cup of tempered white chocolate in a thin layer on a clean formica / granite or marble surface using a palate knife.
2. With a firm grip on the palate knife and employing a steady amount of pressure, slowly draw the knife in a straight line down the layer of white chocolate. You can use your free hand to help form the chocolate into nice curls.
3. Garnish the circumference of the upper surface and the sides with white chocolate curls.
4. Place 2 cherries on each portion and serve.
Powered By Web-Link