Vastu tips for exam stress
As the exams get nearer, you (and the teachers too) tend to constantly advise the youngsters to study better and harder so that they excel in their class. You tell your child that he or she has to study more and more, or else he or she may not even pass the exam. This only over-stresses the child and makes him or her dread the exams.
It is necessary that the child is relaxed and does not feel the strain of studying. At the same time he/she should be able to assimilate comfortably whatever he/she studies without getting all stressed up. Too much motivation can stress the young mind and can cause more harm than benefit.
Some simple Vaastu / Vastu (and other) guidelines, as follow, can contribute to better concentration of your children and make them write their exams with confidence
Vaastu (vastu) rules to help your child:
1. Never sleep with the head to the west and north.
2. Never sleep in the northwest sector of the home or northwest part of the room (if the child is a boy).
3. Never sleep in the southeast sector of the home or southeast sector of the room (if the child is a girl).
4. Avoid mirrors in the bedroom.
5. Avoid mirrors on the south and west walls in the study area.
6. Study facing east or north.
7. Keep the study table and area extremely clean without dumping books and papers around.
8. Have the study area in the northeast sector of the home or the northeast part of the room.
9. Have a lukewarm shower before going to bed if stressed up.
10. Have a fish aquarium, water fountain or half a dozen bamboo plants in the northeast area of the living room (where the family gets together) but never in the corner.
11. Make liberal use of green and yellow colour (dark and light hues) in the bedroom and study areas. These colours can be used on bed linen, study's tablecloth, indoor plants (herbal), floor mats, curtains, pillow covers, clothes, etc.
12. While dining, face east if the child is a girl and north if the child is a boy.
13. Occupy the same place and orient to the same direction each day to build up the child's good aura in the area.
14. Never allow others to make use of the child's study and bed area.
15. Eat a few leaves of the Basil plant each morning on an empty stomach.
16. Never play loud music that can contribute to distraction and stress.
17. Have soft lilting music at minimum volume in the bedroom during night. This can be the Gayatri Mantra too.
18. Avoid sleeping or studying in a room that has the door at an angle to the attached walls.
Tell your child that you are there to support him or her and always make encouraging comments of the child's plus points. Never ever make the mistake of advising or commenting on the child's shortcomings while the child is at the dining table. Make them feel that you love them.
Allow them to have some relaxation like playing sports and music or take them out to a restaurant without compelling them.
Don't promise rewards to your children for the outcome of the exams. On the other hand during the period of preparation give them small gifts appreciating their efforts. Tell them they are indeed hardworking and intelligent. Give them encouraging suggestions and make them feel that your support is there for them always.
Encourage (but never force) them to exercise, meditate and be relaxed. Avoid anything that is likely to distract your child in the study area � be it the visual or audio media.
The above Vaastu tips will definitely help in making your child a stress-free leader!
By Niranjan Babu
Beauty | Mehendi | Recipes | Careers & Jobs | Matrimonials |
Copyright (c) 2000-09 hindustanlink.com. All rights reserved.