YOGA Purpose of yoga Role of yoga Benefits of yoga Keep-fit-yoga routine
Fight Away White Hair with 7 Yoga Poses
1. Ustrasana (Camel pose):
- Kneel down on the ground keeping your knees at least 6 inches apart.
- Use both your hands to reach backwards and grab the right ankle with your right hand and left ankle with your left hand while looking towards the ceiling.
- Keeping your thighs straight, push your abdomen in forward motion.
- Hold this position for a few breaths, release your hands and return to starting position.
If you are suffering from high or low blood pressure, migraine or any back and neck injury, avoid this asana.
2. Halasana (Plough pose):
- Lie down on the floor with your back and place your hands by your side palms facing downwards.
- Slowly lift your legs keeping it at right angle to the floor, bend it backwards over your head such that your toes are touching the ground beyond your head and press your chin against your throat.
- To retain this posture for long, support your back with your elbows on the ground.
- Breathe normally as long as you hold this posture, return to your original position and repeat again.
3. Trikonasana (Triangle pose):
- Stand with your legs about 3 feet apart.
- Now raise both your hands keeping it at a straight line with your shoulders.
- Bending towards the right side, touch the toes of your right leg with the fingers of your right hand and raise the left hand to look up towards your left hand.
- Hold position for a minute and repeat the same with the left side.
4. Bhujangasana (Cobra pose):
- Lie flat on the ground with your belly, legs kept together with toes pointing outwards and keeping hands on either side of your chest with palms facing the floor.
- Pressing on both palms, raise your forehead and look upwards. Inhale allowing the weight to rest on your chest.
- Extending your arms further, straighten your elbows and lift your chest and rest on your abdomen.
- Maintain for some more time and exhale as you release from this posture.
5. Adho Mukha Savasana (Downward facing dog pose):
- Sit on the fours with the knees and palms on the ground.
- While exhaling, lift your knees off the floor and pull yourself backwards stretching your arms and supporting your legs on your toes.
- Now pull your hips upwards towards the ceiling so that your body is in the shape of an inverted V and if required, support with palms and feet.
- Let your head hand downwards and stretch your arms further.
Practicing these five yoga asanas every day will keep you away from stress thereby reducing pre-mature graying.
- Keep a folded blanket on the floor and stretch your legs in front of you.
- Fold both legs from your knees keeping your feet beneath the opposite knee and sit with your spine straight.
- Keep your eyes open and breathe normally for 5-10 minutes.
7. Kapalbhati (Fire of breath):
- Sit in padmasana with both legs crossed.
- Exhale forcefully through your nose maintaining a rhythm.
- The inhalation happens effortlessly in between your exhalation.
- Start with 3 minutes and then gradually increase the time.
This asana increases blood flow to your scalp that prevents premature graying of hair.
Some other asanas that fights against graying of hair are Shoulder stand, Headstand, Standing forward bend pose and Sun salutation.
Yoga for Cancer Recovery
Is Yoga a Religion?
Yoga & Diabetes...
Yoga & Men
Arthritis Cleanse Diet
Yoga Helps Kids Find Balance in Their Lives
Yoga & Your Body
Yoga: Sivananda Yoga
Yoga: Proper Diet
The Five Principles of Yoga
Yoga : Pranayama: Breathing Techniques
Yoga Clothes, Yoga Clothing Tips
Yoga Food Types : Eat & Don't Eat
Meditation: Few benefits of meditation are
Yoga: What is Time for Pranayama
Yoga Therapy Benefits
Yoga Therapy & Application
Swami Ramdev: Yoga does it
Yoga: KUNDALINI YOGA
Yoga for Knee Pain
How to reduce Fat through Yoga
More yoga info at www.yoga.am
Beauty | Mehendi | Recipes | Careers & Jobs | Matrimonials |
| Horoscope | Personal Problems |Sex Education | Doctor Online | |E-Greetings | E-Shopping | Yoga | Destination India | India Virtual Tour | Kids Corner | Baby Names | Jokes | Indian Universities & Colleges | Contests |Weather | News |World Guide | World Time |Currency Convertor |
Copyright (c) 2000 hindustanlink.com. All rights reserved.