YOGA Purpose of yoga Role of yoga Benefits of yoga Keep-fit-yoga routine
Yoga for health and happiness
Keep-fit- yoga routine and simple yoga techniques
Most of the people of all age group are free from major illness that require hospitalistion, bed rest, etc. They are engaged in their roles in daily life, such as students, housewives, office-goers, workers, etc., and all of them need some programme of exercise for maintaining fitness and health.
Yoga is the most effective ways of maintaining healthier life. A large number of people prefer to spend a little time as possible on an exercise routine or yoga. Inertia is one of the fundamental laws of nature, and the tendency of not doing any effort for the maintenance of health is very wide spread.
Detailed below are some of the yoga techniques that can be practiced regularly despite busy schedule, over-crowded homes or others similar constraints of life. Health is a state of an individual that is a sum total of various situations concerning the body and mind. All of them may be summarised in one basic requirement - that all the organs must perform their functions effectively and condition to be fulfilled. But in fitness there is more emphasis on action, activity, or a particular task. Overall fitness and health are words that mean the same state of an individual. While recommending a minimum set of yoga techniques, this definition of health has been considered. It includes techniques that ensure efficient working of all organs and parts of the body such as the vital organs, muscles, joints, glands, tissues and all functions such as digestion, respiration, blood circulation, secretion, excretion, reproduction and functions of the nervous system. The keep-fit-yoga routine discussed here includes five techniques. These are (i) movements of joints, (ii) postures, (iii) deep breathing, (iv) relaxation and (v) meditation.
Movements of joints: This is called 'sandhichalana' In this technique, the joints of the body are removed in a sequence, and each joint undergoes a full movement. The steps in movement of joints include the following.
Movement of the hands:
1. Sit with the legs stretched together in front of the body.
2. Keep the arms parallel to the legs with palms facing down. Maintain a distance of nine to twelve inches between the hands.
3. Keep the neck and back erect.
4. Stretch the fingers out, opening the hands, and then close the fingers against the palms, forming tight fists. Repeat these finger movements ten to twelve times with the palms facing down. Next is movement of the wrist joint.
5. Hold the palms and fingers loosely and move the hands up and down at the wrist joint seven to ten times.
6. Turn the palms inside, facing each other, and repeat the movements of the wrist joint seven to ten times.
7. Turn the palms upward, facing the roof above, and move the wrist joints seven to ten times.
8. Turn the palms outward , and repeat the wrist movements seven to ten times.
9. Rotate the wrist joints so that the hands move in a circular fashion. Rotate them ten times each in both, clockwise and anti-clockwise directions.
10. Next, exercise the elbow joints by moving them ten times each in vertical and horizontal planes.
11. Lastly, move the shoulder joints as if you are rowing a boat.
It is important to remember that you should not move the legs or back during all the steps described above.
Movement of the neck: neck exercise are done by moving the neck in four different ways.
1. Keep the legs as for the movements of the hands. Keep the hands behind the hips, reclining the back slightly
2. First, do forward and backward movements ten times by moving the chin up and down.
3. Next, do sideward movements ten times by bringing the left ear near the left shoulder and then the right ear near the right shoulder. While doing the sideward movements, the chin should move in a semi circle.
4. The third movement involve turning to the left ant right shoulders. Repeat this movement also ten times.
5. The fourth movement is circular where the chin is rotated from right shoulder to left shoulder in clockwise and anti-clockwise directions.
Movement of the lower limbs:
Detailed below are the steps for movement of the lower limbs. The feet are first moved in four different ways.
1. Keep the feet apart in straight and bend the toes forward and backward
2. Next, rotate the feet inward and outward followed by moving them forward and backward. Lastly , move the feet in a circular fashion.
The knee joints are moved in different ways.
1. Raising the feet from the ground.
2. Bring the heels near the body by bending the legs from the knees in a vertical and horizontal position.
3. Lie down on the back with right leg straight on the ground.
4. Bring the left knee near the chin, keeping the right one on the ground
5. In the third movement, bend both the knees together and touch them with the chin.
6. Do a rolling action by raising the hips and the neck alternately
All the joint movements should be tried only after learning the correct technique for yoga expert. You will need about three to four minutes to complete the above exercises. They will help keep all the joints of the body supple and flexible.
At the end of the movement of the joints, you need to practice postures of asanas. The joint movements are not mentioned in any ancient traditional texts of yoga. However, They have been included in this issue because they are very beneficial to every one and are good starters for an exercise routine
Yoga for Cancer Recovery
Is Yoga a Religion?
Yoga & Diabetes...
Yoga & Men
Arthritis Cleanse Diet
Yoga Helps Kids Find Balance in Their Lives
Yoga & Your Body
Yoga: Sivananda Yoga
Yoga: Proper Diet
The Five Principles of Yoga
Yoga : Pranayama: Breathing Techniques
Yoga Clothes, Yoga Clothing Tips
Yoga Food Types : Eat & Don't Eat
Meditation: Few benefits of meditation are
Yoga: What is Time for Pranayama
Yoga Therapy Benefits
Yoga Therapy & Application
Swami Ramdev: Yoga does it
Yoga: KUNDALINI YOGA
Benefits of Inner Vision Meditation
Tips To Follow While Doing Pranayama
Yoga: Kapalabhati Pranayama
Benefits of Kapalabhati Pranayama
Yoga for Knee Pain
How to reduce Fat through Yoga?
More yoga info at www.yoga.am
Beauty | Mehendi | Recipes | Careers & Jobs | Matrimonials |
| Horoscope | Personal Problems |Sex Education | Doctor Online | |E-Greetings | E-Shopping | Yoga | Destination India | India Virtual Tour | Kids Corner | Baby Names | Jokes | Indian Universities & Colleges | Contests |Weather | News |World Guide | World Time |Currency Convertor |
Copyright (c) 2000 hindustanlink.com. All rights reserved.