YOGA Purpose of yoga Role of yoga Benefits of yoga Keep-fit-yoga routine
How to reduce Fat through Yoga?
Yoga poses exercise and stretch your muscles, resulting in better endurance and strength.Do a number of these poses at once, at least 4 times per week.
1. Flow Yoga Chair Pose
2. Downward Dog
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Extend your arms directly out in front of you at shoulder-width apart.
- Inhale as you lower your body into a squatting position, until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Hold for 1 exhale and inhale and slowly rise to standing position on an exhale.
- Repeat 10 times, making sure to spend at least 4 seconds on each repetition.
3.Downward Dog Split to Warrior III
- Return to standing position. Bend forward at the hips very slowly until your fingers touch the ground. If they cannot touch the ground, then go as far as you can.
- Place your hands on the ground, so that they can support your weight. Bend your knees and place your legs behind you, 1 leg at a time. You should be in a push up position.Advanced yoga fans can jump their legs back into this position.
- Lift your gluteal muscles, while keeping your legs straight. Press your palms into the floor and push your hips further up. Hold this position for 10 slow breaths.
4. Boat Pose
- Press your heels to the floor as much as you can in downward dog pose.
- Lift your right leg straight up. Keep your right foot in the same position, flexed. This is called downward dog split position. Hold for 10 breaths.
- Bend your right knee and round your back. Slowly bring your right knee in to touch your forehead. If that is not possible, bring it in as far as you can. Hold for 10 breaths.
- Return to the downward dog split position.
- Bend your knee and lower your right leg. Place the bottom of your right foot between your hands. Shift your weight so that it is supported by your right leg rather than your hands.
- Straighten your right leg and raise your arms so that they are straight and parallel to the ground.
- Raise your left leg off the ground until it is parallel to the ground. Your weight should be supported by your right leg and balanced between the straight line between your fingertips and your left toes. This is called the Warrior III position. Hold for 10 breaths.
- Return to downward dog and repeat this set with your left leg. Repeat the whole set 1 to 5 more times.To burn added fat, do a few of the sets while holding each set for only 1 breath and then return to the full 10 breaths on the next set.
- Sit up straight with your legs outstretched in front of you.
- Flex and tuck in your stomach muscles. Shift your weight back slightly, so that more of your weight is resting on your sitting bones of your pelvis, rather than your thighs.
- Bend your knees and move them toward your chest.
- Grab the back of your thighs with your hands. Keep your shoulders relaxed and straighten your back. Rock back slightly and lift your feet, so that your weight rests on your pelvic bones and your back is still straight. Take time to find this pose as it is a little unusual at first.
- Take your hands away from your thighs and place them directly above your head, at shoulder-width apart.
- Lift your feet up as far as they will go, attempting to put them in a straight line from your thighs. Hold for 5 to 10 breaths.
- Relax slowly by bringing your arms down to hold your thighs. Rest your feet on the ground. Relax for a few breaths.
- Repeat 1 to 2 more times.
Yoga for Cancer Recovery
Is Yoga a Religion?
Yoga & Diabetes...
Yoga & Men
Arthritis Cleanse Diet
Yoga Helps Kids Find Balance in Their Lives
Yoga & Your Body
Yoga: Sivananda Yoga
Yoga: Proper Diet
The Five Principles of Yoga
Yoga : Pranayama: Breathing Techniques
Yoga Clothes, Yoga Clothing Tips
Yoga Food Types : Eat & Don't Eat
Meditation: Few benefits of meditation are
Yoga: What is Time for Pranayama
Yoga Therapy Benefits
Yoga Therapy & Application
Swami Ramdev: Yoga does it
Yoga: KUNDALINI YOGA
Yoga for Knee Pain
How to reduce Fat through Yoga
More yoga info at www.yoga.am
Beauty | Mehendi | Recipes | Careers & Jobs | Matrimonials |
| Horoscope | Personal Problems |Sex Education | Doctor Online | |E-Greetings | E-Shopping | Yoga | Destination India | India Virtual Tour | Kids Corner | Baby Names | Jokes | Indian Universities & Colleges | Contests |Weather | News |World Guide | World Time |Currency Convertor |
Copyright (c) 2000 hindustanlink.com. All rights reserved.