- Make sure you're feeling and looking good. Self-confidence shows and attracts. So if you are having a bad hair day, for example, don't flirt.
- Make eye contact. Across the room, from under your lashes, over your shoulder, sideways, sometimes even a direct, long stare. Great non-verbal ways of saying you're interested. A slight smile with it works even better.
- Touch. Lightly, non-sexually, casually, but often. For example, touch his shoulder lightly to thank him if he gets your drink, hold his arm and laugh at his joke, tap his knee to make a point.
- Laugh. If you have a laugh that can crack glass, then smile. At yourself, at his jokes... If you know how to tell a joke without botching up the punchline, crack some of your own. Be careful, though, not to be too witty at his expense - men can't laugh at themselves beyond a point.
- Smell good. Remember that Al Pacino movie, Scent of a Woman? It's true, nothing is more tantalising that the sudden whiff of a great feminine fragrance. And remember, unless you're Madonna or Zsa Zsa Gabor, most women can't carry off the heavy musks. Also, invest in a nice-smelling shampoo - so when you toss your hair...mmmmm!